Connecting CCTV equipment once meant unavoidable and substantial infrastructure costs, along with time-consuming manual deployment and management processes. Today however, a fixed wireless solution can help to address these challenges.
The Benefits of Wireless CCTV
The deployment of smart CCTV systems within organisations is undoubtedly on the rise, with BIS Research predicting strong market growth rising to $77.21 Billion at a 16.14% CAGR by 2023, primarily due to a technological shift from analogue surveillance systems to digital, cloud-managed camera solutions.
With this increase in deployed equipment, CCTV providers are frequently looking for ways to reduce their unpredictable infrastructure costs. A fixed wireless solution can offer a range of significant benefits:
- Cost effective – a wireless solution is far more cost effective than utilising fixed lines, as it doesn’t require interference with its surroundings (such as the need to dig trenches to lay new cable).
- Flexibility – without the worry of how to extend fixed lines to the desired location, cameras can be optimally positioned for their purpose. In addition, footage can also be backhauled to nearly any location.
- Faster deployment – fixed lines can take months to install and have the potential for many complications, but a wireless solution can go where you need it when you need it.
- Resilient – fixed lines are prone to interference and breakages, so CCTV systems are vulnerable to disruption too, whereas wireless connectivity doesn’t rely on a physical connection so is more resilient. This also helps to reduce maintenance costs.
- Mobility – if CCTV equipment needs to be redeployed, this process is much more straightforward as the wireless network can also be redeployed where a fixed line service cannot. This not only increases flexibility further but also reduces budgetary commitments.
Moreover, significant advancements in fixed wireless solutions are enabling more sophisticated CCTV equipment to operate and be handled with ease. Ultra 4K HD technology is paving the way for the future of the CCTV systems, providing vastly improved high-resolution image quality. Utilising wireless connections can handle these increased data rate and bandwidth requirements comfortably, regardless of location.
Introducing MikroTik Fixed Wireless Solutions
With flexibility being the focus of CCTV advancements, MikroTik boasts a varied catalogue of multi-purpose wireless devices that are specifically designed to offer the most significant level of functional control possible, without compromising on value.
The MikroTik Wireless Wire 60GHz PTP Kit is a truly revolutionary device for short-range, high throughput backhaul, also featuring AES encryption to create a secure, stable backhaul link of up to 1Gbps over 200 meters. The MikroTik LHG-60 Wireless Wire Dish 60GHz PTP Link and MikroTik RouterBOARD PowerBox Pro also make great alternatives for seamless fibre-like connectivity, without sacrificing LAN speeds.
If you are interested in finding out how MikroTik’s wireless connectivity solutions can help you to improve your CCTV deployments, please get in touch with a member of our team today. As well as offering premier distribution capabilities, MS Distribution boasts an industry-leading technical support team who can help you to specify and configure the best-fit solution:
Contact our sales team today on +44 (0) 1295 220 330