MikroTik MTCIPv6E - Certified IPv6 Engineer Training Course
A comprehensive course on IPv6, including an introduction to the protocol and its differences to IPv4. A deep-dive will cover how IPv6 and its constituent parts function and interoperate. The theory will be complemented by hands-on labs using and configuring IPv6 in MikroTik's RouterOS.
Designed for all network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy IPv6-based networks in enterprise and broadband environments. By the end of this training session, delegates will be familiar with IPv6 protocol and be capable to implement IPv6 network.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to IPv6
- Differences to IPv4
- Address distribution
- Address notation
- Address types
- The IPv6 protocol
- Address configuration
- IPv6 Routing Basics
- IPv6 Packets
- IPv6 headers
- Path MTU discovery
- IPv6 Security
- Temporary addresses
- Transition Mechanisms
- DS-lite (Dual-stack lite)
- IPv6 Pool
- IPv6 Tunnels
- Routing & tools
For full details on course content please refer to the Official MTCIPv6E outline.
What will you need?
As a prerequisite to joining this course, each attendee will need to have:
- For certification a current MTCNA qualification is mandatory
- A laptop with Microsoft XP or later installed
- 1x Serial Cable
- 2x Ethernet Cables (minimum 1m)
What will it cost?
The full two day course, including the evening networking meal, is just £499 + VAT. Accommodation is not included in this cost.
What will you get?
The price includes:
- All training materials
- Certificate of completion
- Lunch and refreshments
- Exclusive MS Distribution UK offer
- Evening meal with our Directors and Technical staff along with fellow training course attendees.
Please ensure that your dietary and access requirements are filled in when submitting your order. If you need to make any changes to this information after submitting your form, please email email@example.com
Delivering the course will be Pawel Cieplinski, a highly experienced wireless engineer and consultant from IP-Pro based in Poland. As a certified trainer for both MikroTik and Ubiquti Networks, Pawel has a broad range of theoretical and practical experience in wireless systems, including:
- Designing and deploying hotspot networks
- Designing and deploying ISP and Application specific wireless networks in Poland and UK
- Participating in advanced research wireless projects Wireless Project including:
- Eu-MESH - European research project whose goal was to develop software modules for self configuring and self healing wifi mesh networks
- Synchronising in-flight entertainment data in Boeing Airplanes using WiMAX, Wi-Fi and 3G
- Creator of WISPCASTS.COM, a networking video tutorial website
- Teaching over 100 MikroTik and Ubiquiti classes all around the world including; United Kingdom, Poland, UAE, Iraq, Bangladesh, India and Singapore
Banbury House Hotel
23-31 Oxford Road
Phone: +44(0)1295 259361
Payment and Cancellation Information
Our standard payment terms is that payment is taken at booking unless otherwise stated. If payment by invoice has been previously agreed, the payment needs to be made 14 days from the date of invoice or 1 week prior to the course start date, whichever is sooner.
Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course the following charges will apply:
- More than four weeks prior to the course start date - no charge
- Two to four weeks prior to the course - 50% of the course fee
- Less than one week prior to the course - full fee
On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
If you do not attend a course, and you have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
All course fees are subject to the current VAT.